Tuesday, June 8, 2010

TFOT Lesson "When the Lord Commands"


Teaching For Our Times - May 2010
This month we studied and discussed the Conference Talk given by Elder Bruce A. Carlson titled "WHEN THE LORD COMMANDS." A wonderful inspirational "pep" talk to members every where that faithful obedience, regardless of the apparent size of the task (a.k.a. commandment, covenant, ordinance or doctrine), will bring the Lord's guidance, assistance and peace. Big or small, if we think it applies to us or not, whether we deem it important or think it is just too hard. We can and need to make sure we obey and do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In other words.....There is NO shortcut any where worth going. In our case - heaven. ( I wish these were my words of wisdom - they aren't but I think they are brilliant!)
I love Elder Carlson's closing scripture from the D&C: "I, the Lord, am merciful and gracious unto those who fear me, and DELIGHT to honor those who serve me in righteousness and in truth unto the end."
Sisters, Let's strive each day to do those things that we've been asked to do, so our Father may continue to shower us and our families with the blessings of heaven.
Love you all. Deby Malan

No comments:

Post a Comment